Monday, January 22, 2007

Shifting of Focus?

Hello friends. Here goes a story.

A while ago...A week ago? Maybe two? Anyways, there was this cool guy over, and before he left, he issued a challenge. To seek God as hard as I could. Sounds good. I was kinda...You know when you aren't really close to God, and you know and feel that, and wish it weren't so, but you don't really do anything? It was like that. So I started trying again. Reading that Bible shaped object. And it was good.

Then I let my older buddy who moved to Edmonton know, cause he wanted to know how I was doing. So I told him. He asked if there were any measurable goals he could help hold me accountable for. I...Didn't. But I told him I would find something. This was about a week agoish? Yeah, I think so.

Time went on, and we came to the last weekend to study before exams. One week of school to go. So I guess these are the fake exams. But fake or not, you still want to do well. That's how it is. So this weekend is my last real chance to study. There is no time left this week. And I wasted my last amount of time doing nothing. Nothing. It pretty much sucks. And I blame this computer. Okay, so maybe I wouldn't have studied anyway, but wasting time means productivity is at a minimal. So, I've got to boycott this. It's funny how the thing I could be kept accountable for is the thing that keeps me in touch with those far away people.

Addictions are hard to break. It's probably a good thing to have happen around now though anyway. As said, there are many exams here now.

I'll be back later yo. Keep fighting the good fight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike McMillan said...

Keeper up bro..!

11:26 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah man,
there is no sickening feeling then wasting time.... i hate it so much and i rarely use the term hate. Computers can deffinetly suck the time out of you but there is lots of upside. Hope you find the ever elusive balance and good luck on your exams.

Reid To The Adventure.

7:18 p.m.  
Blogger Rob Petkau said...

So...
How are those goals coming?
There will never be a better time than now ("now" meaning just then... when you read the word "now")

Remember, you're decision to get into the Word matters to alot of people - many of whom don't know it yet!

Love you bro!

12:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home