Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Three...Two...One...Zero.......

Okay guys. This might be a painful blog, mostly because I'm forcing myself to do this instead of construct another civilization. Which I will do after this anyways. Yeah, I'm cool. Cooler than you. Haha. Who does that?

So, I'm still just as indecisive as ever, which leads to a badly constructed paragraph. Darn. So anyways, we shall back up to the twenty-fifth and catch you right up with my life. Christmas day. Guess what? Our turkey got hosed. So, we had to toss it. I was never crazy about turkey anyway. I am starting to like it more though. Then onwards to find out that everyone gave me chocolate. I like chocolate alright. I guess this is my fault. A few years ago, I figured I would tell people that I wanted something small and I wouldn't mind having a lot of. Yup. That savoring sweet brown stuff. So for the last three Christmases, that's all I got. Yup. My fault, so I'll stop complaining.

The rest of the day was spent at home. Mostly because nobody else could do anything. Cool hey? I love my family, but they were busy. Yup.

Then Boxing day was pretty grand. Reid's family has this annual open house every Boxing Day. There house is open to almost anyone they know, and there is food and lots of stuff. It's probably better to be over 19 too. Before you all go there next year, you should probably ask him first. Yup. I learned how to play poker. Played some Pictionary. Watch some Pirates. Good times.

Wednesday...uhh...Wasn't as memorable. There...uhh...Crap. I can't remember anything before seven. I know I saw or talked to one or more people before seven that day, but it's gone. Then we knit some scarves. Then to monsieur Mcmillan's place for some smash. And smash we did.

Thursday was definitely a halo party. Or maybe just a party. But it was out at Joshes. Then, to a ladies house to learn of killer bunnies, and other such things. Then the return to the party, where we raced it up good. Unfortunately, we didn't race it fast enough to finish before the rides were done. It definitely went past the our the mother said to be home by. Darn. I kind of wanted to walk, but figured out pretty early that it gets me hosed. Mike and I had an excellent walk. And it only took two hours. Yup. And I got hosed. However, the punishment was almost nothing. And mother explained the reason. When she was a little girl (I've never been a girl, so I'm thinking it applies to me less, although she disagrees), her and her friend were walking over to her friend's place for a sleepover. Ahh, the good old sleepovers of childhood, where you actually slept sometimes. So they were walking along, and there was this un..Cultured? Property. There was a rustling coming from it, and they were freaked, so they screamed and booked it, as fast as little girls go. This was around dusk. About a month later, there was a body of a little girl found on that property. The coroner speculated that it had been there for about a month. That's why my 20 year old friend and I can't walk around at 2 in the morning.

Friday. I slept nicely. Walked down to starbucks with mike. Found a yarn store on the way. Got some needles that shouldn't break. That reminds me. Friday morning we definitely went out and delivered the scarves. Sir Shannon was attacking defenseless knitters her a needle, so I pulled my not-broken one out to defend. She hit, with laughable force, and mine broke right off. It was really random. And stupid. Stupid needle. It led to an interesting conversation with the yarn lady. Something like...
Lady: So, here are some 6mm needles
Me: Do they break easily?
Lady: Well, what are you planning to do with them?
Me: Just knit...
Lady *looks at me funny*
Me: Well, see they keep breaking. One just broke in my bag, and the other one got attacked by a friend of mine...

Okay, so it wasn't that interesting. Anyways, off to deliver the scarves. I choked. I just held the scarf I was given close and followed the group around. I gave this guy a candy cane. It had the plastic on it, but the guy started eating it anyway. I tried to help, but he just muttered something and walked away. I'm pretty sure I don't treat those less fortunate as I should. I guess I get scared or something. Nikki was amazing though. Kudos to her.

Mike and I got to starbucks...We didn't really have too much to talk about, as we had just talked about most everything the walk home the night before, and we had slept most of the day (Well, I guess I hadn't, but I didn't really feel like talking about that too much) so we found and schooled some sudoku. Now to create a day to cover the...

*!*!*!*!ALL NIGHTER!*!*!*!*

We will call this day..gaheruda. The day that doesn't end in 'Y'. There were movies, there was foozeball, there was some settlers, and even some pancakes. Food was kind of scarce. And lots of people left early. The guys sleeping room remained mostly untouched. And, there was a two hour dance party. With DJ robocob. The girls definitely all left at some point, leaving it with mostly guys. Josh bagged himself. It was great. Yup. No details for the all nighter for you. I didn't have sleep to refresh the memory maker, and I'm going to keep the rest of the ones I have.

Saturday...I went to future shop, with my gift certificate, and purchased my civilization creator. There was a set that cost 50$, and my gift certificate matched that pretty nicely. It came with a card game too. It's funny cuz THE GAME idea was yoinked from a board game, made computer game, and now it's card game. The original designer got hosed. After shopping, I got home and took a nap. An 8 hour nap. It was an accident. So that was from about 12 to 7, so I guess it was a 7 hour nap. Got up, tried installing some craps, IV didn't work. Fine, I didn't wanna play you anyway. III worked, played that for a bit. Fatal Error. Crap. Guess it is bed time again.

Sunday..Well, I had lots of sleep for church. From noon Saturday till noon Sunday, I was awake 5 hours. Pastor Andrew spoke about...Uh oh. I hope he doesn't still read this. Umm...He told about how God was faithful with Nelia and him. Why did he tell that? It made his point...and his point had two sides...Joshua...Moses and the forty years in the desert...The rebelling against God. It was on new years eve day. The point was about remembering...I think. that was one of his points. Pain fades in memory. Not all of it, but it does fade. Okay, enough trying to remember.

The rest of Sunday I spent at home playing my nerd game. Til about 730 when I grabbed anything I needed , and headed off to Joshua's for an all nighter on New years eve. This one was better. Some of us were dastardly sore for the two hour dance party held the previous all nighter, so we had a no jumping rule. We played some citadels, we raced, we tried out the civs card game, we sort of counted down, we sang the other all nighter party 'merry Christmas'. I don't even know how. We had some smash brothers. We definitely didn't have breakfast. These all nighter things are lacking food. And then host definitely went to sleep. Poop. Got home. Tried to stay up to lessen the amount I would be awake later...'nap' at 330...till 830. Pwned the americans and the aztecs until 2, then went to sleep. And that brings us to today? Yeah, today is tuesday. I did nothing today, and that's why I'm here now. See? Told you I didn't exist!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow thats the longest blog i have ever seen. i didnt read one word cause its late and img oing to bed. but thought id swing a little heyo your way. maybe ill read this sometime, see you round mate.

James (dont feal like signing in)

11:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did read every word...
...and now I'm going to bed


Deuteronomy 23:1
"If a man's testicles are crushed, or his penis cut off, he may not be included in the assembly of the Lord." -NewLivingTranslation

oh wait...that doesn't apply at all...how's about that last part of Mark 10:19...you may not agree...but at least you're honoring...which makes the big guy happy...so kudos to you!

1:54 a.m.  
Blogger Mike McMillan said...

yeup deffiantly spelt my name wrong. i am crushed.. which means your hosed..haha

3:07 a.m.  
Blogger AfterVerner said...

my bad. I fixed it. James, you are a slacker. Sarah...thanks? I refuse to stay hosed. hee hee.

10:26 a.m.  
Blogger MC said...

Sarah, I'm definitely confused as to what your point there was. But that's ok.
I was almost going to quote all of
Dueteronomy 25:11-12 for fun and such, but nah... you can look it up yourself. Remember- Context. Context. Context.

The GAME!! Werner. DARN IT!

Today is tuesday?

2:29 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was no point....

7:33 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also too lazy right now to sign in, but I loved the knitting needles!
"Lady: So, here are some 6mm needles
Me: Do they break easily?"

hee hee!
Did you know that Sidney actually has *two* knitting stores?
~Ruth

10:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home